Body acne typically responds well to gentle, natural remedies. Harsh chemical antiseptics often cause pain and irritation that can make the affected areas look and feel worse. Whether you’ve got a mild outbreak on one part of your body or have painful pimples in several places, these simple preparations treat blemishes, improve the condition of the skin, and prevent future spots.
Lavender Bath Salt
YIELD: 1 CUP
STORAGE: GLASS JAR
TIME: 5 MINUTES
Epsom salt is a well-known folk remedy for body acne for good reason. It eases inflammation and helps to purge toxins. Lavender’s natural antiseptic properties stop bacteria in its tracks.
1 cup Epsom salt
20 drops lavender essential oil
- In a medium bowl, add the Epsom salt and 5 drops of lavender essential oil. Blend using a whisk or fork.
- Add 5 more drops of lavender essential oil and mix, blending well.
- Repeat the process until all 20 drops of the essential oil have been mixed in.
- Using a funnel, transfer the bath salt to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- To use, mix 1⁄4 cup of the bath salt into a comfortably warm bath.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Use as often as you like. Store in a cool, dry place.
Tea Tree Body Wash
YIELD: ABOUT 1 CUP
STORAGE: PLASTIC SQUEEZE BOTTLE
TIME: 5 MINUTES
Tea tree essential oil is a powerful antibacterial, yet safe for use on blemished skin and effective in easing inflammation and redness. Raw honey smoothes skin texture and fast tracks the healing process.
2⁄3 cup unscented liquid castile soap
1⁄4 cup raw honey
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
60 drops tea tree essential oil
- In a medium bowl, add the liquid castile soap, raw honey, and sesame oil. Blend using a whisk or fork.
- Add the vitamin E oil and tea tree essential oil.
- Blend again, stirring for 30 seconds to ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a funnel, transfer the body wash to a plastic squeeze bottle. An empty, clean shampoo bottle works well.
- Squirt a dime-sized amount of body wash onto a bath pouf, washcloth, or bathing brush.
- Gently scrub your body, paying close attention to the areas where acne is prevalent. Store in a cool, dark place.